Grade Art Course Outline
Great Web site for extra credit ideas!!!http://curkovicartunits.pbworks.com/w/page/11306885/FrontPage
Welcome Middle school art! Students will participate in art for 10 weeks. Students will explore a variety of mediums, subjects and skills. Some of the key art skills we will focus on:
- Learning how to effectively use the art elements (line, shape/form, color, space, and texture).
- Learning how to effectively use the principles of design (unity, balance, movement, rhythm, emphasis/focal point and scale/proportion).
- Learning how to use accurately draw and shade objects.
- Learning the techniques, and application of watercolors paints.
- Working with clay by experiencing the slab and coil methods of hand building.
- Working with various artistic styles of the past and modern.
- Learning how to analyze and critique artworks base on the knowledge of the art elements, principles of design and art history.
- Working with a variety media such as art/color pencils, oil/chalk pastels, charcoals, color construction paper, scissors, glue, clay, cloth, paints, ink, bushes, beads, feathers, gems, mosaics, craft sticks, card board, etc.
- Creating art assignments in conjunction with what is being taught in Global Studies, English, and Art Ancient History.
- Learning about various cultural aesthetics from around the world.