Why Join the Hamburg Health Science Academy?
• Coursework that focuses on health science information
• Career Exploration Opportunities
• Preferred scheduling in recommended courses for all academy courses
• Network with professionals in the health science field
• Spend time working at an advanced level with real-world problems and issues
• Smaller learning community with support
• Community service opportunities
• Internships and work-based learning opportunities
• Field trips/ Senior year trip
• Possible American Heartsaver CPR/AED certification
• Possible NYS EMT-Basic Certification
• College Credit—possibility of up to 10 elective credits
EARN 10 COLLEGE ELECTIVE CREDITS!!
Health 101 is a course sponsored through the Erie Community College Advanced Studied Program. This course may be used as the 1/2 year elective credit. Upon successful completion students are eligible for 3 elective college credits at a reduced rate. Earned credit can also be applied toward an additional 7 credits available thru the ECC EMT program.