Physical Education Learning Standards
Please click on the link below to access a view of our New York State Physical Education Learning Standards:
Standard 1: Personal Health and Fitness
Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity and maintain personal health.
Standard 2: A Safe and Healthy Environment
Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Standard 3: Resource Management
Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.
Please click on the link below to access a view of our National Association for Sport and Physical Education Standards:
National Association for Sport and Physical Education
Physical Education National Content Standards
A physically educated student:
1. Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
2. Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
3. Participates regularly in physical activity.
4. Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
5. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
6. Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
The links in this area will let you leave the Hamburg Central School District ("The District") site. The linked sites are not under the control of The District and The District is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The District is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by The District.