What should the student be able to do
with the unit vocabulary?
>>Use the Spanish alphabet as a tool for recognizing meanings
in Spanish from verbal and auditory sources as well as written
forms of communication.
>>Use Spanish for getting to know another person and to give
personal facts about yourself.
>>Use the calendar to provide or obtain information.
>>Talk about the weather.
>>Follow and even give Spanish commands for activities in
the classroom at school.
Preliminary Unit Topics (13 Vocabulary Sheets):
Vocab #1 Greetings and Farewells
Vocab #2 + # 3 More Greetings, Name, Health and Simple Conversations
Vocab #4 + #5 Spanish Alphabet and Numbers, Telephone Number/Age
Vocab #6, #7 + #8 Calendar: Days, Months, Date, Holidays
Vocab #9 Weather and Seasons
Vocab # 10 Classroom Commands
Vocab # 11 Interrogative Question Words
Vocab #12 + #13 Address and Nationality
SKILLS - in any language are:
*1* Listen and understand,
*2* Speak to communicate (Pronunciation),
Students will be taught and tested in all 4 skill areas in Spanish.
Student Support for Unidad Preliminar
(Study method suggestions)
1) Listening =
**Let's try the AUDACITY program!**
2) Speaking =
**Find a device to use for recording yourself**
1. Want to sing?
Practice the Alphabet ...a la marcha and/or Days of the week
2. Leave a verbal message introducing yourself...Use your spoken Spanish.
3. Give a weather report or tell about the weather of each season.
4. :) It could be fun to teach another person how to say things in Spanish! :)
3) Reading / Pronunciation=
1. Get out the Reading Sheets from the Unit and read silently/aloud.
2. Organize your Flashcards so that you can make them rhyme, or into a sentence, or your own melody!
3. Get out completed homework sheets and practice the questions aloud/read your answers aloud (best to practice complete sentences).
4) Writing =
**Use your vocabulary sheet(s):
1. Make Flashcards that can be used to study...
Match the Spanish with the English translation/picture.
Play Tic Tac Toe/Memory.
Hang up the labels.
2. Create a list of the just the most difficult vocabulary words
Write them 3 times each to practice the spelling
Write them divided into groups
Put them in alphabetic order