PHYSICAL EDUCATION COURSE EXPECTATIONS
COURSE OVERVIEW: The development of a wide variety of sport skills and an understanding of how to maintain good health and fitness are the major goals of this course.
GRADING: Each student receives a grade for each unit of study. The report card grade is an average of the units covered during that quarter. Approximately 50% of the grade is based on daily personal and social responsibility. For this reason, it is essential that the student be prepared to participate with sneakers, shorts,t-shirt, and sweats (for colder days), and a positive attitude. Approximately 50% of the student's grade is based on the daily application of practice time. Listening to directions, following directions, and full participation are emphasized in this category.
MISSED WORK: Students who miss class for any reason should see their teacher to arrange for make-up work if necessary. Medically excused students must also see their teacher for alternative activities or assignments.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION RULES
1. LOCK YOUR LOCKER: Always lock your belongings in a locker.
2. BE PREPARED AND ON TIME: Report to class on time with a change of clothes: sneakers (no platform or backless), shorts, and a t-shirt. You have five minutes to report to the assigned area with all personal business finished. Girls are expected to have a one piece bathing suit for swimming classes. All students should be prepared with a towel and bathing suit in the fall. In inclement weather, we might be using the pool as a teaching station.
3. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS: Be quiet and attentive during instruction and follow directions the first time they are given.
4. PARTICIPATE: Participate in all activities unless medically excused. Stay in the activity area until you are released by your teacher.
5. SHOW GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP: Play fairly, follow the rules of the game, no hitting, pushing, checking, cursing, etc. Be supportive of everyone.
6. CELL PHONES: Cell phones and electronic devices are to remain in your hallway locker. School policy will be followed if a student has a cell phone while in Physical Education class.