Guidelines for keeping your child home from school:
- fever in the past 24 hours
- vomiting in the past 24 hours
- diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- strep throat until on antibiotics for 24 hours
- bad cold, with a very runny nose, extremely congested, or a bad cough that would be disruptive, especially if it has kept the child awake at night
- head lice until treated and Lice Free
- pink-eye until on antibiotic eye drops for 24 hours
- undiagnosed rash
Reporting an absence: Whenever a student is going to be absent or late, please call the attendance office at 646-3288. You may call before school hours and leave a message on the 24 hour voice mail if that is more convenient.
A written absence or tardiness excuse must accompany the child when he/she returns to school. An absence will become illegal if a written note is not received in the attendance office within ten days.
There is an official vacation form that should be filled out by the parent and then approved by the principal in order for vacations to be considered a legal absence. Forms may be obtained from the Main Office.