LEVEL 2 HEALTH CURRICULUM
· A bathing suit is used to identify the private parts of the body.
· Students will be able to Students will recognize ok and not ok touches.
· A bathing recognize secrets that they should keep and secrets that they should tell.
· Factual information regarding strangers/people they know, friendliness/force in the majority of abuse cases.
· The safety rule: Say no, Get away, Tell an adult that they can trust.
· The importance of an assertive response in an abusive situation is discussed.
· Students are made aware of the fact that abuse is never their fault.
GERMS AND HIV/AIDS
· Students will understand the term germs with specificity to viruses and bacteria and fungus.
· Students will to comprehend how germs are spread.
· Reinforcement of proper hand washing takes place through discussion.
· Students will understand how germs enter the body through the eyes, ears, nose, mouth and cuts.
· The terms immune system and white blood cells are defined through the use of a handout.
· The acronyms HIV and AIDS are introduces.
· Students begin to understand that HIV/AIDS attacks the immune system.
· The two methods of HIV/AIDS transmission, blood to blood, and dirty drug needles are introduced and discussed.
· Students will begin to understand how they can prevent themselves from contracting HIV/AIDS in regards to blood to blood and dirty drug needles.
· Students will circle and underline on a handout actions that can spread HIV/AIDS (blood to blood and dirty drug needles) and actions that cannot spread HIV/AIDS such as hugging, mosquitoes, shaking hands.
The curriculum is subject to change.