LEVEL 1 HEALTH CURRICULUM
· Students will enhance their understanding of feelings/emotions.
· A bathing suit is used to identify the private parts of the body.
· Students will be able to Students will recognize ok and not ok touches.
· A bathing recognize secrets that they should keep and secrets that they should tell.
· Factual information regarding strangers/people they know, friendliness/force in the majority of abuse cases.
· Students will understand the definition of a stranger.
· Students will comprehend that they can not tell the difference between a good stranger and a bad stranger by looking at them.
· Students will continue to understand that some individuals who are not nice can be tricky (use lures).
· Students will be involved in role playing and reacting safely to various lures used.
· Students will learn the safety rules of: Say no, get away and tell an adult.
· Students will begin to understand the importance of never going with and adult without the permission of a parent/guardian.
· Students will understand the term germs with specificity to viruses and bacteria.
· Students will begin to comprehend how germs are spread.
· Students will recognize how skin acts as a defense to germs.
· Students will understand how germs enter the body through the eyes, ears, nose, mouth and cuts.
· Students will discuss and understand the importance of hand washing.
· Information is reinforced through the video, “Germs Make Me Sick”.
This curriculum is subject to change.