How to study the right way!
~Your teacher tells you to go home and study for your test, but you think to yourself, "How do I do that?"
1. STAY ORGANIZED:
use your planner daily for short term and long term assignments.
use a take home folder for homework assignments.
utilize your binders effectively (notes and homework should always be in the correct binder.)
2. KEEP A REFERENCE BOOK: this list contains information that you can refer to quickly like:
personal spelling list of words you don't know
lists of transition words for writing essays
charts/graphs~ ie. timeline of important historical events, periodic table etc.
3. ORGANIZE HOMEWORK: At the end of the day ask yourself...
is there homework in this subject tonight?
do I have notes/papers to complete the homework?
did I check my work to make sure it was correct.
4. STUDY SPACE:
routines about where/when homework is completed are important. Work where it is quiet.
take breaks when necessary.
- follow the same routine each night.
- study for tests and quizzes a week prior to the actual test.
- (Use the test taking strategies link)