Offseason Training & Development : (3 Day)
* The following is our 3 day weekly workout cycle & 'themes' to reference & commit to
during the offseason. Please note that we are NOT limited only to the activities and
recommendations below. ANYTHING we may do as Individuals to better ourselves will
ultimately help our TEAM!! Lets get to work, GO DAWGS !!!
* DAY 1 * - Resistance Training / Weight Lifting (STRENGTH)
* Basic Age-Appropriate lifts and weightroom acclimation / participation
* Always use an appropriate weight, have a spotter, focus on proper
breathing technique and achieve a full Range of Motion per lift / exercise.
* Begin Training specific body parts / muscle groups together
* Our initial goal(s) are specific to the execution of the following:
- 4 - 5 various lifts / exercises per day
- 2 - 3 sets of 8 - 10 repetitions each
* See sample Workouts, Exercise charts, Percentage & Loading charts
& other resources located in the HHS weightroom.
* DAY 2 * - Agilities & Circuit Training (STAMINA / ENDURANCE)
* Cones, Ladders, Hurdles, Speed & Tire Harness Drills, etc.
* Coordination & Footwork Drills (add Ball Toss)
* Circuit Training Stations Including but not limited to the following:
- Wall Sits, Rope Swings, Planks, Leg Lifts, Box Jumps, Tire Flips
- Flexion (Sit & Reach/ V-Sit), Jump Rope, Broad Jumps, Push-ups
- Squat Jumps, Sit-ups, Med Ball, Ladders, Exercise Ball
* DAY 3 * - Position Specific Development & Techniques
* IE - Position - Defensive End
- Pass Rushing Techniques Including but not limited too:
* Swim, Spin, Dip & Rip, Bull-Rush, etc.
* IE - Position - Linebacker
* Spill, Scrape, Fill, Fit Run, Plug, etc.
* IE - Position - Guard
* Pull, Man, BOB, 2nd Level, etc.
* IE - Position - Tight End
* Reach, Kick, Seal, Set Edge, Wedge, etc.
* Alignments, Gap Assignments, Strategy, Formations, Sets, Shifts, etc.
* Film / Video Review & Analysis / Instruction
SAMPLE WORKOUTS :