Mrs. DeGal: Writer's Workshop Days 1/3 and 2/4
I have a special REMIND account set up for Writer's Workshop. This will be extremely helpful once we actually begin writing our Research Paper in a few weeks. If you have time, please sign up. Students only see me every other day for this course.
Students will be completing a research paper on Malala. They will use 3 sources that I will provide them with.
Here is the first source: A Diane Sawyer Interview with Malala (From Youtube)
This is the second source: A Jon Stewart Interview with Malala (Youtube)
Final Research Book is Due: ...Date TBD (Before Christmas Break)
Objectives of this 20 week session:
- Students will learn how to research and take notes.
- Students will practice taking notes.
- Students will read and analyze articles provided by the teacher.
- Students will use Chromebooks to write their paper.
- Each paper must be typed. (Font: Times New Roman, size 12)
- A RUBRIC WILL BE PROVIDED TO STUDENTS IN ADVANCE. THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL.