Mrs. DeGal: Writer's Workshop Days 1/3 and 2/4
I have a special REMIND account set up for Writer's Workshop. This will be extremely helpful once we actually begin writing our Research Paper in a few weeks. If you have time, please sign up. Students only see me every other day for this course.
Students will be completing a research paper on Malala. They will use 3 sources that I will provide them with. They have to find an additional resource by 3/5/2018.
Here is the first source: A Diane Sawyer Interview with Malala (From Youtube)
This is the second source: A Jon Stewart Interview with Malala (Youtube)
Final Research Book is Due: ...Date TBD
Objectives of this 20 week session:
- Students will learn how to research and take notes.
- Students will practice taking notes.
- Articles will be provided by the teacher.
- Students will go to the computer lab various times as part of our instruction and use Google Chromes in the classroom.
- Each student will be instructed to see me after completing their first "heading". I want to ensure they are writing their book properly, following the given guidelines.
- Each paper must be typed. (Font: Times New Roman, size 12)
- STUDENTS WILL USE GOOGLE DOCS IN ORDER TO WORK ON THEIR PROJECTS AT SCHOOL AND AT HOME.
- A RUBRIC WAS PROVIDED TO STUDENTS IN ADVANCE. THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY NEED TO TO IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL.