1. What city was the first official capital of the United States?
2. What is grippe?
3. How is yellow fever spread? Name another disease spread the same way.
4. What are at least 5 main symptoms of a patient with yellow fever?
5. Describe the physical appearance of a person with jaundice. Why do you its called yellow fever?
6. List 3 other health epidemics in U.S. history besides the Yellow Fever of 1793.
7. Which president set up residence in the new U.S. capital? Describe his residence there.
8. Write 5 facts about of the history of child labor in the United States.
9. Who was Benjamin Rush? Why was he such an influential person at the time of the epidemic?
10. List and describe at least two medical treatments that were common during this time period.
11. Look at a record of burials from St. Mary's Church. Describe 3 interesting facts.
12. List at least 3 important African American figures during this time period.
13. What is the modern treatment for yellow fever? How does this differ from 1793?
14. Describe where and how the bodies of the Yellow Fever victims were buried.
15. The Liberty Bell first rang on July 8, 1776. Explain how it got its famous crack.
16. What young adult novels has Laurie Halse Anderson written?
17. What historical fiction novels has Laurie Halse Anderson written?
18. What awards has Laurie Halse Anderson won?